What a great way to celebration the arrival of Autumn, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies! This recipe is gluten-free and almost completely refined-sugar-free (only in the semi-sweet chocolate chips, so you could substitute carob chips or unsweetened dark chocolate chips if you wish).
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free Multi-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Agave Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Oil (whichever oil you prefer, preferably Coconut Oil)
- 1/4 Cup Apple Sauce (see my recipe for Homemade Apple Sauce)
- 1/4 Milk (you can use cow milk or any milk substitute, such as almond or coconut milk)
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (you may use any type you wish. I used semi-sweet dark.)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In one bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. In another bowl, mix the pumpkin, vanilla, agave, oil, apple sauce, and milk. Slowly mix the wet mixture in with the dry mixture with a pastry mixer until well blended. Add the chocolate chips and mix. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a soup spoon to scoop the dough and place on the parchment paper. You should be able to get about 20-25 cookies if you use a soup spoon to size and form the cookies. Bake for about 13 minutes. Enjoy!